Oregon Food Bank
PPCA members regularly volunteer at The Oregon Food Bank. OFB distributes 45 million pounds per year to the hungry families of Oregon and southwest Washington. OFB’s Volunteer Action Center is located at 7900 NE 33rd Drive in Portland. There is ample parking and TriMet’s Bus #73 stops right in front of the building.
PPCA’s volunteers repackage and sort donated bulk food items. The tasks involve standing, squatting, lifting and pulling. OFB can accommodate most physical limitations, so please contact our Service Coordinator Tom DeMeo at service AT crpca.org or 503-267-3943 if you have any special needs.
For our next service shifts at OFB, please check the PPCA events calendar.
- Be sure to wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes. Open-toed shoes and high heels are not allowed.
- Dress appropriately for volunteering. Layers are recommended.
- OFB has a zero tolerance theft policy.
- Minimum age is 6 years old. Youth Release forms are required for all youth under 18 years.
- No food, beverage, gum or candy may be consumed in the volunteer work areas.
- Please do not attend if you feel sick or have a cough, runny nose, flu-like symptoms, open wounds, or food-borne illnesses.
- Hair nets, beard guards, aprons, and disposable gloves are required and provided by OFB.